Sweater, tights, belt, & boots - Lane Bryant
Red Leather Bag - Emma Fox
2) After being on the road for 16 hours with another 8 hours to go (mind you, the drive to Savannah only takes 14 hours), we had to reroute through a snowy mountain pass.
3) Finally, we've arrived! Chatting in a Savannah square in 65 degree weather. In January. I can get used to this, fo sho.
4) After deciding on an apartment, we went to Bernie's for a bucket of steamed oysters to celebrate. No more $4 apiece oysters for us. How about an overflowing bucket for $15?
5) A view of historic downtown Savannah, our soon-to-be new home.
6) Plopped down on a park bench in one of the many squares, each complete with a historic memorial, fountain, or sculpture.
7) Being within walking distance of several museums is going to make me one happy camper. We spent an afternoon at the SCAD Museum of Art, and this was one of our favorite exhibits. It was a collection of works by artist Rosemarie Fiore that www.scadmoa.org describes as the following:
"Fireworks Drawings" is a selection of large-scale works on paper created using live fireworks and their pigments. Employing this distinctive medium in a performative process, Fiore strikes a balance between control and change, the lasting and the evanescent. This dynamic selection demonstrates a strong interplay between powdery, amorphous ground and a complex and sophisticated manipulation of line, color, and collage that in turn translates the raw energy and refined excitement of a fireworks display.
9) Excited about our new adventure in Savannah!